At Clearview, we like to keep all our clients and suppliers up to date with any changes we may make in our manufacturing processes.
Recently, although we have not changed anything, we have been asked some of the steps we take to produce such high quality aluminium bi-folding doors. So below our team of manufacturing specialists have listed some of the considerations we have to make.
• We choose the aluminium profiles for the door from our stock of raw materials, before delivering the aluminium to our powder coating supplier.
• After receiving the powder-coated profiles back at our factory, each one is meticulously inspected as it is critical that nothing is missed at this stage of production, due to the fact that protective tape will soon be applied and will conceal any issues until it is removed following installation.
• Using fabrication drawings, glass dimensions and cutting lists generated using Cad design software, we then issue the scheduling details to our fabrication floor.
• The profiles are individually cut using digitised saws, which are synchronised with purpose-built profile trolleys.
• One of our expert production engineers is assigned to manufacture your door.
• The profiles are machined with acute precision to the pre-defined plans, ensuring that drainage routes, handle slots and locating pin apertures are perfectly cut.
• The otter frame and doors assembled, before the door leaves are hinged together and the gaskets and seal are fitted.
• Your door is checked to ensure that the the door leafs are properly aligned and that it operated perfectly, after which the final fixing screws are inserted, followed by the gaskets which are then fixed into position.
• The beads (the remaining powder-coated material) are individually cut with saws, before being inserted to each door leaf.
• Each completed door is tested in a purpose-built test rig.
• The doors then receive our purpose-built double glazing, and the protective tape is removed, after which silicone is applied to seal the perimeter of the door, creating an air-tight seal.
• We check every aspect of the door to make it works perfectly.
Clearview is one of Leeds’ leading manufacturers and suppliers of folding doors. For more information, call now on 0800 1357167.