In a recent study 52% of respondents rated their kitchen to be the highest value room in their home. The second most valuable room in the survey was the lounge, followed by the bedroom/ bathroom. Keeping up with the latest kitchen trends can be difficult and expensive if your not careful.
39% of the people that took the survey spent over £1000 on revamping their kitchen in the last 5 years. In addition, 7% spent over £5000 creating their perfect kitchen.
Putting numbers aside, the kitchen is known as being the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, socialise and spend time with our loved ones. Our sliding and bi-folding doors are often installed in the kitchen and this can be for several reasons;
- The kitchen typically backs onto the garden and our doors are the perfect way to connect these two parts of the home. In addition, they can be used as an integral part of the kitchen itself.
- The huge panes of glass allow a large amount of light into the room, which illuminates the room and can provide a positive vibe and airiness to it.
Clearview wanted to look at some of the kitchen trends we expect to see this summer.
- Handle less Units – there has been a growing trend of cleanliness and minimalism in interior design. For example, kitchen units without handles are extremely popular and, when installed, the kitchen looks smooth, modern and very neat.
- No Clutter – continuing the clean and neat trend, kitchen worktops are no longer a place for storage. Instead, intelligent and clever storage solutions are being used to hide utensils and kitchen appliances to allow for a cleaner appearance.
- Copper accents – copper has been popular for several years now and this trend shows no sign of slowing. How they are used, however, has now changed. They have gone from large statement pieces to small simple touches.
- Range cookers – in a recent survey range cookers came out as the top dream appliance for people who currently didn’t own one. These luxury items add class to any kitchen they are installed in. However, their benefits are more than just aesthetical. As mentioned, kitchens are at the heart of the home, and cookers like these provide a far better focal point for social gatherings and entertaining when compared to standard models.
Clearview Bi-Folding doors have been supplying bi-folding and sliding doors to homes in the Yorkshire area for over 10 years. Our in-house manufacturing ensures that the doors and windows we build are amongst the finest available across the UK. To find out more on how we can help you stay ahead of kitchen trends just call us on 0800 1357167.
Stay up to date with the latest news and articles from Clearview: