Client: Mr Moran
Location: Worsley, Manchester
Installed: Common Room Extension
Clear-view carried out one of their biggest team projects this year as they built a brand new entrance facility and common room in Worsley, Manchester.
Clearview’s team erected a magnificent and clever design, made predominantly with glass panels to optimise the space, whilst also offering additional lighting and providing a magnificent viewing and relaxing area. The total extent of the work involved was:
Proposed Front Elevation:
• A curtain wall screen approximately 4500 wide X 4500 high consisting of 10 fixed lights and one set of manual swing doors.
Proposed Rear Elevation:
• A curtain wall screen approximately 4500 wide X 4500 high consisting of 12 fixed lights.
• A ground floor screen 6200 wide X 2200 high consisting of 4 No fixed lights and a pair of manually operated swing doors.
• A first floor screen 6200 wide X 2200 high consisting of 7 No fixed lights and one single manually operated swing door.
• Dual pitched roof approximately 4500 wide X approximate pitch length 4000, which also had to include insulated ridge pressings.
All the glass used for the curtain walls and roof is triple glazed, with a 4mm toughened clear outer edge for the walls, and the roof having a 6mm toughened edge. This will ensure that the building can withstand even the very extreme weather conditions.
The building’s aluminium frame have been made to the clients specific requirements and finished in the same colour of the current exterior coatings on the wall, making the new area fit in seamlessly with the previous finishings.
Due to the buildings structure, the project presented a real challenge for Clearview’s design and installation teams. However with some creative thinking and brilliant engineering, Clearview were able to find a solution to the problems, as Managing Director Paul Oxley explains: “Our glazing formed the external walls of a link between two existing buildings, which we discovered weren’t perpendicular or level to and with one another. In addition the design and positioning of the steel work forming the construction between the two buildings hadn’t been given enough thought.
“The steel cut in to exiting roof lines, bursting through roofs, facials and soffits as though it had fallen from the sky and being out of square to either building making the fitting of the roof and positing of the glass extremely difficult. Thankfully the gutters, down pipes and pressings we designed which our installers patiently crafted (cutting and scribing then to the structures enabled us to produce a stunning finished result , providing a very light and commutable communal space in which the resident can relax and enjoy their days.”
Clearview are one of the North’s leading manufacturers of Aluminium windows and doors. If you have a large project where they will be able to help, call them today on 08001357167.